Interested in fashion? Want to support the Canadian fashion design industry? There's an awesome show coming up in September!
(my roommate is involved with this through her company, Ansere
- her stuff is gorgeous and I heartily recommend checking it out!)
SEPTEMBER 6 + 7, 2014
Saturday 11-6 Sunday 11-5
99 SUDBURY ST. TORONTO
$8 Through INDIEGOGO
$10 Advance online
$12 Cash at the door.
2 DAYS 80 CANADIAN FASHION DESIGNERS 1 VENUE
Founded by Sarah Power, graduate of George Brown’s Fashion Design program and former coordinator for
The Clothing Show, INLAND is small-business start-up designed to “elevate the profile of high-quality,
independent apparel and accessory design, made-in-Canada”.
Selected designers will set up their mini-boutique booths within the 10,000 sq.ft, brick and beam space at 99
SUDBURY, just off Queen Street West in the heart of Toronto’s design district, to form a unique, multi-brand
“pop-up” like no other in Canada. Connecting shoppers directly with designers, INLAND is a contemporary retail event providing a stylish, socially and ethically conscious, small business-supporting alternative to the mall.
INLAND fills the gap between local craft-markets and high-brow fashion events by providing a sophisitcated,
casual shopping experience focused on quality, personal style and the promotion of made-in-Canada. INLAND is
more than just shopping. Guests can enjoy a cocktail on the patio, have their custom measurements taken, get a
sewing lessons, and more, at one of the several Style +Design Stations hosted by local entrepreneurs.
INLAND is a NEW 2-day curated shopping event featuring 80 independent Canadian designers of clothing
and accessories for men and women. All collections are made-in-Canada.
Launched on July 22nd, INLAND is calling on the public - people who care about the arts, culture, design,
community, supporting small businesses and the Canadian garment industry - to help us raise funds for
advertising. Help us get shoppers in the door and generate business for designers.
The INLAND Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign has raised nearly 20% of its $15,000 goal in under a week!
* Promote made-in-Canada apparel and accessory design. We believe in well-made, not mass-made.
* Support the Canadian garment industry, which impacts our local communities and economy
* Highlight, and educate shoppers about, the extraordinary design talent existing in Canada
* Provide a space for designers to network, collaborate, share their markets and connect with new customers
* Encourage consumers to seek sustainable and ethically produced products